We are open and good to go!
Posted on 13/07/20 by The Matthew of Bristol
It's been a while, but we're back to our usual summer opening times! Come on down to Bristol's harbourside and visit us from Tuesday to Sunday, 10am–4pm – we’re in our usual spot, moored opposite M Shed at Princes Wharf.
We're really excited to be welcoming visitors on board the ship again after such a long time being closed to the public.
Of course, the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our top priority, so we have carefully considered how we can open well and have all the necessary rigorous cleaning procedures in place. As well as our usual safety procedures, there are a few things all visitors need to be aware of and to adhere to in order for us to be able to open safely:
- Due to social distancing, the ship’s capacity of people allowed on board at any one time is lower than it would usually be. You may be asked to queue, and your time on board may be restricted if there are a lot of people waiting to go on.
- Visitors will be required to use the hand sanitiser provided before boarding the ship.
- Visitors will be required to provide their details (name, contact number, date and time of visit) to comply with Track and Trace requirements.
- Some areas of the ship will be closed to the public, such as below deck and where the captain is on the poop deck. Outside areas are open but numbers will be restricted at any one time.
- Our volunteers will be wearing face shield visors or facemasks.
- Our volunteers will be regularly wiping down and sanitising areas that are likely to be touched by people, such as the handrails.
- Please take notice of any instructions our volunteers may give you – they want to keep you safe.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
- If you are on one of our longer trips, please note that we are currently using disposable cups for the time being. To help reduce waste, you may like to bring your own flask for a hot drink or a cup to have with a bottle from the bar.
It's free to go on board and explore and our volunteers love to talk about the ship and its history, so do ask them questions!
No booking required for visiting the ship when it's docked, but donations are always welcome.
We will be adding trips sailing around the Floating Harbour and further afield very soon. You can subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to hear about trip dates, or keep an eye on our booking page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the office: firstname.lastname@example.org